Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Brainstorming

I almost titled this "Brianstorming". Sorry "Brian", whoever you might be.

Okay, I seriously need to come up with a name for my practice so I can at least get started with some flyers and business cards, perhaps set up a separate website where services and fees are explained, etc. Sooo, after some initial brainstorming, I have a few finalists.

AfterBirth (again, either great or horrifying, right?)

Postpartum Pampering and/or
Postpartum Pantry (too wordy?)

Birth to Babymoon (overdone, I fear)

Mamarama (a little sass could be a good thing)

I'm kind of leaning towards Mamarama because it's catchy and open-ended - I could keep the same name once I add labor support into the mix in a year or two. Or . . . I could just go with Dou-la-la? And for either one of those two, maybe have a more descriptive "tagline" after the name in printed materials, like "Postpartum Pampering & Pantry Provider"? (I'm a sucker for alliteration.)

I dunno. Maybe I should just be straightforward: Anne Tegtmeier, Postpartum Doula, LLC? But, pretty darned blah.

Your thoughts? Any and all are appreciated!

7 comments:

  1. I kind of like Dou-la-la, actually. It's catchy and memorable and kind of whimsical. But failing that I also like Mamarama.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like both Mamarama and Dou-la-la! (With Dou-la-la, as long as you're happy to have your blog and your business associated).

    AfterBirth strikes my fancy, but I am known for loving the great-but-horrifying :-) Some people probably wouldn't even get it, which would make it even funnier.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like Dou -la- la too. Very cute, but not everyone knows about doulas. I kind of like After Birth. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the feedback, y'all! I'm vacillating between Mamarama and Dou-la-la at this point.

    DECISIONS! Oh, tarnation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay I am know I am two weeks late... while working on my business website I have been completely negleting my blog reading and posting :-( anyhoo by now you may have made a decision but just wanted you to have my 6 cents... when you commented on one of my post a few weeks back I immediately fell in love with Dou-la-la. That's my vote! Have you made a decision yet?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Actually, I'm pretty much leaning towards exactly that! The one other name I thought of and likes was "4th Trimester", but a) it's limited to postpartum, and I want it to cover birth eventually as well, and b) I looked, and it's actually trademarked already, whereas Dou-la-la is not! Soooo, I pretty much think I'm going with that, probably with the official subheader of "Birth and Postpartum Doula Support" (adding the "birth" part in later).

    Thanks to all for your feedback!

    ReplyDelete